Spring is a busy and stressful time for farmers and ranchers.
Lane-Scott Electric reminds farmers to:
- STAY IN your vehicle or machinery if it comes in contact with a power line; DO NOT get out.
- LOOK UP to avoid machinery / power-line contact (long extensions or tall antennas can get caught).
- ALWAYS HAVE 10 FEET of clearance surrounding the live lines - even if no contact is made, an electrical current can arc or jump.
- STAY AWAY from a sagging or downed line; call 9-1-1 to have the utility dispatched.
- USE A SPOTTER with a broad vantage point when operating machinery around power lines.
- TEACH the 10-feet clearance rule to anyone working on your farm and review power line locations.