LSEC COVID19 Info & Relief Resources
Low Income Energy Assistance Program Application Deadline EXTENDED.
The Kansas Department of Children and Families (DCF), the state agency who administers LIEAP announced they will open a new application window for those seeking assistance with energy bills. Applications may be submitted from May 1-29, 2020. The nationwide infusion of an additiaon $900 million in federal LIEAP dollars from teh Cares Act due to COVID19 enabled DCF to open this second chance application period. Lane-Scott Electric accepts LIEAP funds but does NOT administer the program. Members can call Garden City DCF at 620-272-5800 or you can find more information on the program on the DCF webpage and make application at https://cssp.kees.ks.gov/apspssp/sspNonMed.portal.
5.18.20 - Update:
- The Lane-Scott office lobbies and retail store are now open for business as usual!
- Disconnects for non-payment are currently prohibited through May 31st. If you are unable to pay a current and/or past due amounts by this date, we are happy to work with you to create a payment plan that you can afford. Call our office M-F 8a-5p to discuss payment arrangements.
- Our HVAC & Electrician technicians will be allowed to work inside homes & businesses at their discretion
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Relief Resources
Here is a list of resources we've compiled to help you navigate the various relief resouces due to the Coronavirus. This is by no means a complete list of what is available, just resources we have come across.
Coronavirus Aid Relief & Economic Security (CARES) Act Program Guides:
Guide to SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL)<https://www.uschamber.com/…/guide-sbas-economic-injury-disa…>
Guide to the Employee Retention Tax Credit <https://www.uschamber.com/…/guide-the-employee-retention-ta…>
Coronavirus Emergency Loans Small Business Guide and Checklist (Paycheck Protection Program)<https://www.uschamber.com/…/023595_comm_corona_virus_smallb…>
Paycheck Protection Program Resources from the U.S. Treasury:
Links to the resources provided by Treasury can be found, or on their webpage https://t.e2ma.net/click/5fmfhc/tamql0/5rngoj
• A top-line overview of the program can be found here https://t.e2ma.net/click/5fmfhc/tamql0/lkogoj
• If you’re a lender, more information can be found here https://t.e2ma.net/click/5fmfhc/tamql0/1cpgoj
• If you’re a borrower, more information can be found here https://t.e2ma.net/click/5fmfhc/tamql0/h5pgoj
• The application for borrowers can be found here https://t.e2ma.net/click/5fmfhc/tamql0/xxqgoj
U.S. Small Business Administration Assistance including Paycheck Protection Program, EIDL Loan Advacne, SBA Express Bridge Loans, SBA Debt Relief:
To find a local SBA Lendor near you: https://www.sba.gov/paycheckprotection/find
3.30.20 - LANE-SCOTT IS CONSIDERED CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE
Lane-Scott Electric as a utility company is considered critical infrastructure. Therefore, we are still operating as we were prior to the stay-at-home order issued by the Governor.
- Our entire staff continue working to keep your lights on.
- The lobbies remain closed to non-employees and deliveries are limited to essential items only.
- The HVAC & Electrician Departments will not be making home or business visits unless it’s an emergency. If they must enter due to an emergency, they have to follow the safety guidance of KDHE.
3.27.20 - LANE-SCOTT HVAC & ELECTRICIAN DEPARTMENTS NO LONGER MAKING HOME OR BUSINESS VISITS
Effective Immediately: THe HVAC & Electrician Departments will not be making home or business visits UNLESS it is an emergency. In the event of an emergency, they follow the guidance of the KDHE and will not enter your home or place of business in the instance of any of these situations:
1. If anyone has traveled within the last 14 days to/from a state or country identified as a hot spot.
2. If anyone has been exposed to an individual diagnosed with COVID-19.
3. If anyone is showing signs of illness including: A fever of 100 or greater; cough and/or shortness of breath
4. If they are uncomfortable for any reason.
If you have a scheduled appointment, it will be rescheduled for a later date. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you. The health and safety of our employees, members and customers are our first priority.
3.17.20 - LANE-SCOTT ELECTRIC LOBBY AND RESALE BUILDING ACCESS CLOSED:
Today, a case of COVID-19 was confirmed in Dodge City, KS. Considering this close proximity and the need to protect the health of our employees and members, the lobby of Lane-Scott Electric Cooperative and the Lane-Scott Resale Department are closed to all non-employees, barring all vendor access, and limiting deliveries to essential items.
The foyer in the Lane-Scott Electric main office is still available for limited deliveries and for members to drop off payments in the drop box or kiosk. The drop-off location at the Ness City Office is still open at this time. However, Lane-Scott urges you to use alternative payment options to pay your bills. Lane-Scott employees are still working as normal. If you need assistance, we will be happy to help over the phone 620-397-5327 or 1-800-407-2217.
This mandate is in effect as of midnight March 18, 2020 and will continue until further notice.
3.17.20 - DISCONNECTION FOR NON-PAYMENT
From the direction of Kansas Governor Kelly, Kansas utility providers are temporarily suspending the practice of disconnecting service to Kansas citizens for non-payment. It shall remain in place until rescinded, until May 1, 2020, or until the statewide State of Disaster Emergency relating to COVID-19 expires, whichever is earlier.
This temporary moratorium from disconnection does not remove responsibilities for customers to pay bills, nor does it cancel any bills. Rather it is intended to allow customers dealing with uncertainty to continue to receive service, while making payment arrangements.
If members have any questions about this change, or need to make payment arrangements, call Lane-Scott Electric at 620-397-5327 or 1-800-407-2217.
3.13.20 - FROM THE MANAGER:
Attention Lane-Scott Electric Members,
Electric Cooperatives nationwide, including Lane-Scott Electric, are taking steps to be prepared in the event there is a significant impact from the coronavirus in our community. Rest assured; our first priority is that critical operations continue to provide you with electricity. We are prepared to operate with a significantly smaller workforce, a threatened supply chain and limited support service, if it comes to that.
If you have concerns of contamination while delivering a payment or conducting business in person, Lane-Scott has alternative options in place. 1. Pay-By-Phone by calling 855-356-6351. 2. Use SmartHub, our online bill pay & notifications website at: https://lanescott.smarthub.coop 3.) SmartHub android or iphone app.
Our intent of this notice is not to alarm anyone, but to communicate, as a business who provides a vital service to its community, that we are taking precautionary preparations.
Lane-Scott Electric Cooperative